I will be on a professional retreat March 10-14. I covet your prayers as I ask for God's leading for Courtland in the next year.
Each year I spend one week communing with God about what He has in store for our congregation. I simply go in telling God we are available and asking how we may be used. From there I listen for a theme for the year and out of that try to loosely schedule what needs to be communicated to our church throughout the next year. I also do the same thing for RISE the student ministry. I also look at what ministry opportunities God may be calling both groups to. And then spend time praying for both groups.
Last year I fasted from all technology and went to Quaker Haven for three days and Quaker Hill for two. Both places were very, very quiet and rest-filled. I had the opportunity to learn how to use pencil and paper again. This year I am going to try something different. I am going to hide out in the libraries of a couple of our somewhat-local Christian college campuses and use technology to help plan for the next year. I will probably attend some of their chapel services as well. I am looking forward to what God will be speaking during this week. Your prayers will make it even more exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment