I went to Exalt - a worship service on Tuesday evening at IWU. Probably 40 attended while outside our area many sat chatting at the McConn Coffee Company. I guess I was disappointed that more didn't attend on a campus of thousands. Maybe the Fox News article was right, that people are just less spiritual today. Do we desire to connect less with our creator than ever before? How do we build up that desire? Worship for worship's sake isn't worth much but is it at least slightly better than chatting with others for the sake of chatting with others? Do our spiritual lives actually come in first on our list of priorities? Do we spend nearly enough time on our spiritual lives?
I know, as a pastor these things are always in the front of my mind making me hyper aware of them and I maybe should be more sympathetic to those who weren't at Exalt but as a pastor it is my job to help people think about these things. Oh, and it's my blog.
Love to hear your thoughts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment