Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Trying blogging out

I’m making a commitment to blog more regularly. So I’m giving up some video game time to do it. There are just so many things I would like to go on and on about but I’m just not all that good at getting my thoughts articulated into print. So in many respects this is about me practicing a discipline and not about the content in it. Well, let’s start simple. Maybe something I spend a lot of time thinking about, like the church. Yep, sounds good I’ll start with that.
The Church, what is it? I think the Bible is pretty clear that it is a group of people deepening their understanding of God through Jesus Christ, bringing the Kingdom of God to earth, and offering this way of life to others. Community, Lordship, Obedience, Discipleship (thought about using evangelism here but that seems too superficial and doesn’t connote the depth we need to reach with those who haven’t yet chosen Jesus’ way).
There is a lot more I want to say on the church like how is it different from today’s church that we see in the culture. How different it should be than anything in western civilization. I mean come on… Jesus would never have said… “Greed is good”, which is what the free market lives by. I can’t wait to think more on this and try and distil my thoughts into something I can quickly right down. Well, just like working out or any other discipline I don’t want to wear myself out on the first day. Kool.

No comments: