"I will have completed my job volunteering when I can sit in the audience and see a student I mentored receive this award." This is what I would have said given a chance to think about it.
There is no point in serving others if you can't transfer that heart for service to someone else. As a Christ follower that heart has been changed by the Spirit of God and that's what I want to impart to others.
There is no way I could have received this award without the church of Courtland Avenue Friends allowing me to work with Bridges Outreach and especially the discernment that the leadership of Courtland Avenue had to keep me connected with them. I am thankful for the honor but it certainly reflects the faith of those around me especially my wife Allison who is currently singing to one of the students we minister to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment